Always Powered, Always Ready
Learn with me about different types of off-the-grid power sources, power storage, and how to maintain these systems for a worry free life. Whether you’re using solar to power your home, or using a propane torch to light a fire, I have the answers to help you make informed decisions.
Most Visited Articles
- Does Costco Sell or Refill Propane Tanks? – Map of Locations & InfoCostco is an excellent store for saving money and buying in bulk. Depending on your location, some Costcos offer various services such as Optometry, Pharmacy, Oil Changes, Gas Stations, and more. So you may be wondering, does Costco offer propane services too? Can you refill a propane tank at Costco or have one exchanged? Well, … Read more
- Propane Freezing – How to Winterize Propane TanksDuring the winter propane can be a lifesaver, and it’s crucial that your propane appliances are working properly when you living in freezing temperatures. However, sometimes due to the cold temperatures, propane tanks, and systems can become inoperable or malfunction. Before you assume your propane tank is frozen, let’s go over some basic information about … Read more
- Why You Shouldn’t Lay Propane Tanks SidewaysEver wonder if you can lay a propane tank on its side? Well, whether it’s a 20 lb propane tank or a 100 lb propane tank, the propane inside is mostly in the form of a liquid and is kept at high pressure (typically between 100 and 200 psi). Because of this liquid propane, it’s … Read more
- Propane Tank Not Opening or Working – Easy FixIs your propane tank not opening or are you experiencing issues opening the valve (also referred to as handwheel) on the top of your tank? Just filled your propane tank and it’s not working? Let’s go over some of the common reasons this happens and how to fix them. Typically, if your propane tank valve … Read more
- Propane Tank Hissing – Causes and How to FixAre you hearing a hissing noise when your propane tank is connected? Worried you might have a propane leak? Let’s go over how to determine the cause of your propane tank hissing and how to fix the issue. If you hear a hissing noise coming from your propane tank, it could be a sign of … Read more